With a surface temperature over 850 degrees Fahrenheit and an atmosphere thicker than ocean water, Venus is as close as we've ever come to discovering Hell. In order to tame this nightmare, your first priorities will be to thin the atmosphere, cool the planet, and clear the skies. Only then will you be able to gather water on the surface, and begin planting the first seeds of life.
About[edit | edit source]
Venus is a scorching world with a crushing atmosphere. You need to use facilities that lower the Pressure while still earning Credits. Only visit the World when you really need to until the Pressure is below 2,000,000 Pa, because if you aren't actively playing on the world, there will be no Random Events popping up.
Terraforming the planet is relatively easy. Temperature is only extreme because of the catastrophic pressure. Once you get the pressure down, Temperature will need just a little tweaking. The planet does not need much Water for human habitabillity (150,000 cm at minimum).
Notes[edit | edit source]
Do not use Hydrogen Processors because they will generate byproducts in a negative way. Consider using Biofixture Labs, which only generate Biomass (Oxygen in Biosphere). If you are playing Biosphere, set up a couple of Oxygen Filters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Venus was the first world to be featured in a Live Event, Under Pressure.
- Note that the map is upside down. If Venus rotates prograde, that means it is similar to the original map, but in real life, Venus rotates retrograde, making Ishtar Terra on the north.
- In real life, NASA is not looking into terraforming Venus, but into building cloud cities in Venus' upper atmosphere, where the temperature and pressure are not as deadly as on the surface. They would basically be giant blimp cities, held up by the density of Venus' atmosphere. Native microbial life is also possible in this relatively habitable zone.
- The real cause of Venus's extreme heat (which is also higher than the sun's closest planet Mercury) is the runaway greenhouse effect caused by it's thick atmosphere, therefore the task of terraforming Venus' atmosphere and heat are closely related to those who look into terraforming Venus.
- There is actually a time which Venus was habitable. From 4.45 Ga to 700 Ma, it had mild temperatures, an Earth-like atmosphere and rotation, liquid water, stable plate tectonics and possibly, multicellular life. But 700 million years ago, its oceans evaporated and carbon dioxide built up in the atmosphere, causing the runaway greenhouse effect.
- Venus is also called "sister of Earth", because their sizes are almost similar.
- One of the ideas of terraforming Venus is to send billions of genetically modified cyanobacteria into Venus' atmosphere. They will decrease the amount of carbon dioxide, and increase the amount of oxygen.
- There is a hypothesis, that Mercury was the moon of Venus, but it cannot be true, because Mercury couldn't change the orbit by escaping Venus' velocity - when it left Venus' gravity, some huge body traveling in the opposite direction of Mercury must strike it to lower it's orbit.
- Venus actually rotates retrograde in real life, reflected in-game by the inverted map of Venus.
- Venus takes the longest to complete an axial rotation, about 247 earth days, longer than a Venusian year.
- Venus had a moon before, but it collided back with Venus when a planet or swamp planet from space collided with Venus. It also caused its retrograde rotation.
- Venus has poisonous clouds of sulfuric acid that extend 45 - 64 km above the surface.
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Terrestrial Planets||Mercury · Venus · Earth · Moon (Luna) · Mars|
|Moons of Gas Giants||Moons of Jupiter • Moons of Saturn • Moons of Uranus • Moons of Neptune|
|Moons of Jupiter||Io · Europa · Ganymede · Callisto|
|Moons of Saturn||Tethys · Dione · Rhea · Titan · Iapetus|
|Moons of Uranus||Miranda · Ariel · Umbriel · Titania · Oberon|
|Moons of Neptune||Triton|
|Dwarf Planets||Ceres · Pluto · Charon · Makemake · Eris · Sedna|
|TRAPPIST-1||Damu · Aja · Huanca · Ruaumoko · Asintmah · Ostara · Aranyani|
|Fictional Planets||Bacchus · Pontus · Lethe · Ragnarok · Boreas|
|Historical Earths||Vaalbara · Rodinia · Cambria · Cretacea · Dania · Chibania · Ultima|