With a mass greater than all of Saturn's other moons combined, Titan truly deserves its name. It is 50% larger than the planet Mercury, and it is the only moon in the solar system to have a significant atmosphere and stable pools of surface liquid.
Hominizing Titan will be a unique challenge, but there are significant attractions as well: in addition to its size and unbeatable views of Saturn, Titan's mix of high air pressure and low gravity make it possible to live the dream of Daedalus and Icarus, strapping wings onto your arms and flying by your own strength!
About[edit | edit source]
Titan is the largest moon of Saturn and the second largest moon of the solar system. It was discovered by Christiaan Huygens in 1655. It has a thick atmosphere of nitrogen, methane and traces of hydrogen.
It has liquid methane and ethane but too cold for liquid water to exist. It is also tidally locked to Saturn. Titan has a 3:4 resonance to Hyperion, an egg shaped moon of Saturn.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
An easy world to terraform, Titan requires no specific strategy to be beaten. The advisable route is to begin to decrease the water level before heating it up to prevent flooding, as well as increase the oxygen level. The pressure that Titan starts with can suffice for habitability due to being considered barely habitable, though one must thin the starting atmosphere if playing Daughters of Gaia or one wants paradise condition as The UNSA, Horizon Corp. or FFI. Also the water level is too much (remove it if incorrect), that means Titan probably have some liquid water (see on top).
Beware of Faces in a Storm event. It will appear here (on the planet) for a few seconds and affect on one of your cities.
Here is the elevation map of Titan:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Titan is one of the most Earth-like places in the Solar System and the most likely for life outside of Earth besides Europa. It has methane lakes and seas on the surface and liquid water under it's ice shell. It has a thick atmosphere, solid water ice that makes up the surface that is hard as bedrock. Interestingly, it rains liquid methane on Titan. Some say that Titan is a better candidate for colonization than even Mars. (Except for the fact that it’s extremely far away).
- If you could get a pair of wings on Titan, you can theoretically fly because of its low gravity and high atmospheric pressure.
- This moon has nothing to do with the planet called Titan in the Marvel comics universe.
- Titan is slowly escaping from Saturn. After billions of years, it will get faster and become a planet in the Solar System.
- Titan's elevation is changing probably because of a subsurface ocean.
- Titan probably has a liquid water ocean beneath its surface.
|Terrestrial Planets||Mercury · Venus · Earth · Moon (Luna) · Mars|
|Moons of Gas Giants||Moons of Jupiter • Moons of Saturn • Moons of Uranus • Moons of Neptune|
|Moons of Jupiter||Io · Europa · Ganymede · Callisto|
|Moons of Saturn||Tethys · Dione · Rhea · Titan · Iapetus|
|Moons of Uranus||Miranda · Ariel · Umbriel · Titania · Oberon|
|Moons of Neptune||Triton|
|Dwarf Planets||Ceres · Pluto · Charon · Makemake · Eris · Sedna|
|TRAPPIST-1||Damu · Aja · Huanca · Ruaumoko · Asintmah · Ostara · Aranyani|
|Fictional Planets||Bacchus · Pontus · Lethe · Ragnarok · Boreas|
|Historical Earths||Vaalbara · Rodinia · Cambria · Cretacea · Dania · Chibania · Ultima|