If life exists beyond Earth in our solar system, it could very well exist on Europa. Slightly smaller than Earth's Moon and blanketed by sheets of ice many kilometers thick, it is theorized that Europa also has a sub-surface ocean of liquid water, warmed by the tidal forces of Jupiter's gravity.
As a water world, Europa will pose unique challenges to the first colonists who land there. It will be up to you to determine whether to leave it as-is and live on top of the ice, or to melt it and risk flooding the whole world.
Europa is a natural satellite of the gas giant Jupiter. It has no natural satellites.
Your first job is to get rid off 1,200,000 cm of ice. Build a lot of Ice Launchers. The Ice Launchers can get rid the pressure (because of its thin atmosphere). After you got rid of its teeny-tiny atmosphere the oxygen instantly zeros out, getting rid of the oxygen rich atmosphere. After that you can begin terraforming as normal.
- Europa is one of icy moons of the solar system that exhibits evidence of cryovolcanoes, which are volcanoes that spew out ice instead of lava. Other bodies include Enceladus, Titan, Miranda, Triton, Pluto, Ceres and Charon.
- Europa has a liquid ocean below the surface. It can probably have life.
- Europa was named after Europa, the Phoenician mother of King Minos of Crete and lover of Zeus.
- Europa has 15 Pa Pressure in real life.
- Europa har 520,000 ppm O2 in real life.