The Culture screen includes information and controls to manage the societal aspect of your world.
- Main article: Culture Point
Random events like School Funding Crisis can also cause involuntary changes to a specific part of your world's culture.
Depending on the faction you chose, there are limits to what your world's culture can be. For example, if you chose Horizon Corporation, you can't increase your world's Knowledge Value (research speed boost) beyond 0% by spending culture points. It can only be between +0% and -50%. In return for that, you can't lower your world's Wealth Value (financial growth) stat beyond +0% by spending culture points. That one can only ever be +0% to +50%. But with the Lagrange Academy, they can be ignored.
Meanings of Culture stats
Your world's culture can influence a number of global statistics that will influence the output of certain facilities, or the speed with which certain actions can be done. Here is a breakdown.
- Construction Speed = Buildings will be constructed and upgraded faster or slower. Also affects construction speed of satellites.
- Research Speed = Research will be done faster or slower.
- Biomass Growth = Buildings such as the Coral Reef will produce more or less biomass.
- Habitations = Habitation facilities will be able to house more or less people.
- Population Growth = Buildings such as the Spaceport, the Transit Network and the Children's Creche will add slightly more or less people per minute to your city. These buildings will never remove population from your city, regardless of how low your population growth stat is. They will simply add people more slowly.
- Financial Growth = Buildings such as the Spaceport, the Coral Reef or the Ice Launcher produce more or less revenue. A building that has a negative revenue, such as the Solar Shade, can actually cost less if your financial growth stat is -5% to -50%.
The Economy scale has Industrial on the left and Ecological on the right. Default is in the middle with a maximum of +/-50% at either end.
The Eco-Policy scale has Transformation on the left and Conservation on the right. Default is in the middle with a maximum of +/-50% at either end.
Be careful for large adjustments with Eco-Policy especially if you have the Lagrange Academy, because moving it to Transformation will cause population loss if your world is barren or plantlife. Daughters of Gaia start off with a 15% decrease on habitations. The Hephaestians start off with a 30% increase on habitations.
The Government scale has Plutocracy on the left and Democracy on the right. Default is in the middle with a maximum of +/-50% at either end.
The Value scale has Knowledge on the left and Wealth on the right. Default is in the middle with a maximum of +/-50% at either end.